Brooks Falls Bear Viewing is an iconic and well-known bear viewing platform.
Click here to see what the bears are up to!
Your Float Plane departs from Beluga Lake, Homer AK and lands in Katmai National Park. Your pilot awaits you while you first attend a Bear Orientation given by National Park Service Rangers where you will learn about the bear habitat and understand the salmon cycle and why these coastal brown bears congregate at Brooks Falls to fish. Then enjoy an easy one mile walk at your own pace along the trails to viewing platforms. National Park Service Rangers are available for your safety and to answer any questions you may have. You may also have time if you choose to enjoy a coffee or meal at Brooks Lodge. (3 hours on the ground in bear habitat, 6-7 hours total time including flight).
- Meet at our office at 6:40 am for 7am departure. Occasionally we provide 2pm trips.
- Trip time is approximately 6-7 hours total
- Scenic flight takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to and from Homer to Brooks Falls
- Spend about 3 hours in bear habitat at the Brooks Falls platform/station
- Walking distance is 1 mile to and from the Visitor’s Center to viewing platforms
- 50% deposit; minimum of 30 day cancellation policy; outside of 30 days is a 5% cancellation fee; inside of 30 days; the deposit becomes the cancellation fee.
- No firearms or bear spray of any kind are allowed
- Groups of up to 6 persons. Minimum of 4 to depart.
- Minimum age is 7 years old; weight limits apply and need to be declared at time of reservation.
- We offer a bear guarantee or you money back less 10% if paid by credit card
We guarantee you will see bears! $995
Call us at 907-235-8019 to book these specials or packages.