This guided tour includes a 25-minute water taxi cruise, including a short visit of Gull Island Seabird Rookery. Gull island is home to thousands of nesting seabirds. You may have a chance to see puffins, guillemots and kittiwakes, murres, sea otters and maybe even seals and sea otters. Sometimes we see porpoises, sea lions and whales. The hike is moderate the first ½ mile, the remainder is fairly easy, over a level glacial moraine opening to the Glacier Lake dotted with icebergs and backdrop of Grewingk Glacier, surrounded by tall mountain beautiful mountain peaks. You will receive shore side, gear, and safety instructions before we begin kayaking. The highlight of your tour will be navigating around icebergs on the lake and paddling towards the impressive blue face of Grewingk Glacier. This once in a lifetime tour is not to be missed and its value….well this is a great deal as you will take home priceless memories.
9 Hours 8am – 5pm to 6pm
“Ocean and Ice Combo Tour” Full day Guided Hike and Glacier Lake Kayaking– $219 plus tax per person – Tandem Kayaks 6 years+ / All equipment provided. No experience necessary. (2 person minimum)
Is at 8am, returning between 5pm & 6pm.
- Water Taxi Service
- Guide Service
- All Kayak Equipment
We offer Healthy Snacks & Hot Drinks.
What to Bring
- Full Water Bottle
- Layered clothes
- Rubber boots (we can loan you rubber boots if you do not have any).
- Light Hiking Boots or Tennis Shoes
- A Day Pack, to carry any stuff you want to bring on the hike.
For any items you do not want to take on the hike, we have a safe place for them
- Go Pro etc…
- We are committed to working with environmental stewardship in mind, and to the safety, wellbeing, and satisfaction of our clients.
Our guides are biologist, educators and knowledgeable in the biodiversity of Kachemak Bay and the people who live here. And trained in CPR & First-Aid.
We provide a personalized experience with our policy of one guide to six client ratio.
- 50% deposit to guarantee reservation; minimum of 30 day cancellation policy; outside of 30 days is a 10% cancellation fee; inside of 30 days; the deposit becomes the cancellation fee.
- Groups of up to 6 persons. Minimum of 2 to depart.
- Minimum age is 6 years old.