A 15- minute water taxi cruise, including a short visit of Gull Island Seabird Rookery. Gull island is home to thousands of nesting seabirds. You may have a chance to see puffins, guillemots, and kittiwakes, murres, sea otters and maybe even seals and sea otters. Sometimes we see porpoises, sea lions and whales. Then cruise to a nearby beach where you gear-up, receive gear and safety instructions and begin sea kayaking along the coast. Paddle by the charming artist hamlet of Halibut Cove, surrounded with the beauty of Kachemak Bay state park. The self-guided hike that begins after kayaking is moderate the first ½ mile, the remainder is easy, over a level glacial moraine opening to the Glacier Lake dotted with icebergs with the backdrop of Grewingk Glacier, surrounded by tall mountain peaks. The easy hike back rewards you with views of Halibut Cove and Kachemak Bay. 10am – 5pm-6pm
“Halibut Cove Triangle Combo” Day Kayaking Tour with Glacier Lake Self Guided Hike– $259 plus tax per person – Tandem Kayaks 6 years+ All equipment provided, No experience necessary. (2 person min) Call 907-235-8019 to add this tour to your experiences in Homer.
Is at 8am, returning between 5pm & 6pm.
- Water Taxi Service
- Guide Service
- All Kayak Equipment
We offer Healthy Snacks & Hot Drinks.
What to Bring
- Full Water Bottle
- Layered clothes
- Rubber boots (we can loan you rubber boots if you do not have any).
- Light Hiking Boots or Tennis Shoes
- A Day Pack, to carry any stuff you want to bring on the hike.
For any items you do not want to take on the hike, we have a safe place for them
- Go Pro etc…
- We are committed to working with environmental stewardship in mind, and to the safety, wellbeing, and satisfaction of our clients.
Our guides are biologist, educators and knowledgeable in the biodiversity of Kachemak Bay and the people who live here. And trained in CPR & First-Aid.
We provide a personalized experience with our policy of one guide to six client ratio.
- 50% deposit to guarantee reservation; minimum of 30 day cancellation policy; outside of 30 days is a 10% cancellation fee; inside of 30 days; the deposit becomes the cancellation fee.
- Groups of up to 6 persons. Minimum of 2 to depart.
- Minimum age is 6 years old.