Alaska Hiking Tours
Glacier Lake Family Hike – 5 to 6 hours
This easy, popular 3.2-mile hike departs the Homer spit at 11:30 a.m. and returns to about 5 p.m.
Enjoy a scenic boat ride across beautiful Kachemak Bay to our secluded State Park. This is a moderate self-guided hike to Grewingk Glacier Lake. You will enjoy breathtaking views of the glacier and majestic mountains before returning along the saddle trail. This loop crosses flat terrain, through stands of cottonwoods and spruce, and across the outwash of Grewingk Glacier winding around and down the forested switchbacks to the beach.
It’s a perfect and popular hike for families seeking a half day of fun. Bring your own water/snack and don't forget your camera.
Halibut Cove Triangle Combo – 7 to 8 Hours – $219
“Halibut Cove Triangle Combo” Day Kayaking Tour with Glacier Lake Self Guided Hike– Tandem Kayaks 6 years+ All equipment provided, No experience necessary. (2 person min) Call 907-235-8019 to add this tour to your experiences in Homer.
A 15- minute water taxi cruise, including a short visit of Gull Island Seabird Rookery. Gull island is home to thousands of nesting seabirds. You may have a chance to see puffins, guillemots, and kittiwakes, murres, sea otters and maybe even seals and sea otters. Sometimes we see porpoises, sea lions and whales. Then cruise to a nearby beach where you gear-up, receive gear and safety instructions and begin sea kayaking along the coast. Paddle by the charming artist hamlet of Halibut Cove, surrounded with the beauty of Kachemak Bay state park. The self-guided hike that begins after kayaking is moderate the first ½ mile, the remainder is easy, over a level glacial moraine opening to the Glacier Lake dotted with icebergs with the backdrop of Grewingk Glacier, surrounded by tall mountain peaks. The easy hike back rewards you with views of Halibut Cove and Kachemak Bay. 10am – 5pm-6pm
Another excellent family adventure!
What to Bring
- Appropriate hiking boots or shoes.
- Day pack with water, snacks and sack lunch.
- Rain jacket, hat, gloves, sunglasses and layered clothing.
- Don’t forget your camera!
Departure times are subject to change. Rates do not include the general sales tax.
|Hiking Tour Rates|
|Glacier Lake Family Hike – 6 hours||$100|
|Halibut Cove Triangle Combo – 8 Hours||$219|
- Payment is required in full to guarantee your reservation. Your reservation will be fully confirmed within 24 hours. If we cannot confirm within 24 hours we will refund your booking.
- Should your plans change, you must give 30 days notice to receive a refund of your deposit less a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellation inside of 30 days forfeit the deposit.
- If the captain cancels the trip prior to departing to one of our across the bay destinations due to weather, we will reschedule your hike to a Homer area hike and refund you the difference.