Experience One of the Best Alaska Bear Viewing Tours
Alaska is home to some of the most mesmerizing wildlife, including several species of bears. Want to watch bears in their natural habitat? Book the Driftwood Inn’s bear viewing tour! Our full-day experience is one of the best Alaska bear viewing tours around. This five-hour day tour transports guests via plane to either Katmai National Park or Lake Clark National Park to observe bears in the wild with the company of an Alaskan Naturalist Guide. You can expect to catch a glimpse of brown coastal bears (peninsular grizzly bears), black bears, and more!
View the details of this package below, then book your once in a lifetime opportunity!
Brooks Falls Bear Viewing Tour
Don’t wait, book now as these seats fill up fast! Available June 26-July 31st: If you visiting earlier or later see below for other options. Brooks Falls Bear Viewing is an iconic and well-known bear viewing platform; easily accessible and bears are guaranteed.
Click here to see what the bears are up to!
Your Float Plane departs from Beluga Lake, Homer AK and lands in Katmai National Park. Your pilot awaits you while you first attend a Bear Orientation given by National Park Service Rangers where you will learn about the bear habitat and understand the salmon cycle and why these coastal brown bears congregate at Brooks Falls to fish. Then enjoy an easy one mile walk at your own pace along the trails to viewing platforms. National Park Service Rangers are available for your safety and to answer any questions you may have. You may also have time if you choose to enjoy a coffee or meal at Brooks Lodge. (3 hours on the ground in bear habitat, 6-7 hours total time including flight). Don’t wait, book now as these seats fill up fast!
- Meet at our office at 6:40 am for 7am departure. Occasionally we provide 2pm trips.
- Trip time is approximately 6-7 hours total
- Scenic flight takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to and from Homer to Brooks Falls
- Spend about 3 hours in bear habitat at the Brooks Falls platform/station
- Walking distance is 1 mile to and from the Visitor’s Center to viewing platforms
- 50% deposit; minimum of 30 day cancellation policy; outside of 30 days is a 5% cancellation fee; inside of 30 days; the deposit becomes the cancellation fee.
- No firearms or bear spray of any kind are allowed
- Groups of up to 6 persons. Minimum of 4 to depart.
- Minimum age is 7 years old; weight limits apply and need to be declared at time of reservation.
- We offer a bear guarantee or you money back less 5% if paid by credit card
We guarantee you will see bears! $995
Bear Viewing in Katmai National Park or Lake Clark
Available Mid-May to Early-September: Our guests tell us this is a trip of a lifetime. This intimate Guided Bear Viewing Day Tour, in Katmai or Lake Clark National Park, is approximately a 5-6 Hour Bear Viewing Tour, available from May 17 to Sept 20. You will see bears in their natural habitat along river banks and trails; a once in a lifetime opportunity! This Guided Bear Tour Includes:
- The Services of an Alaskan Naturalist Guide (also your pilot)
- The Aircraft and Pilot of a Commercial Rated CFR135 Alaska Air Service
- 1 Hour scenic flight from Homer to the Pacific coast of Katmai or Lake Clark National Park
- Approximately 3-4 Hours of guided bear viewing with a guide
- 1 Hour scenic flight returning from Katmai/Lake Clark to Homer
- Volcano and Glaciers flightseeing (weather permitting) at no Extra Charge as we go right past and over them on our route
In the course of the bear viewing trip it is reasonable to assume you may walk a total distance of 1 to 1 1/2 miles. Weight Limitation is 200lbs per person.
Starting at $695.00 per person including fixed-wing aircraft transportation!
Ready to view bears in the wild? Book your Alaska bear viewing package directly through our website. We can’t wait to host your adventure!