Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Check-in
Contrary to common misconceptions, Homer, Alaska, has four seasons every year! In the Winter, Homer, Alaska, gets cold 30 degrees high and 17 degrees low, but don't let the cold stop you from visiting! Springtime brings warmer weather without the traditional rain you can expect in the lower 48. Average high/lows are 50/30 during the spring with only an average of 2 inches of rainfall.
The summer months are the best time to visit Homer, Alaska, with average temperatures in the 60s with clear skies. In the Fall, the temperatures stick around the moderate 50s until November, when you start to see the early signs of Winter. Overall the temperature is never hot, but it never gets below zero, thanks to our position on the coast!
Yes! While our winter days only see about six hours of sunlight we are opened year-round!
- Your credit card will be charged for the first night of each room or RV site, at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation.
- Rates based on 4 occupants per RV site; a fee of $2.50 will be charged for each additional person (does not apply to rooms)
- Rates are subject to change.
- Rates do not include the local 7.85% sales tax.
A 50 % deposit is required to guarantee your reservation.
- Cancellation is a flat fee of 10% per reservation
- Cancellations within 72 hours will forfeit deposit unless we are able to resell
- You must give 30 days notice or more to receive a full refund of your deposit less 10%.
- No Show/No Call: You will be charged 100%.
- If you cancel within 30 days we will make every attempt to re-book your seat. If we re-book your seat, you will receive a refund less a 10% processing fee; if we don’t you are responsible for 100% of the cost of your seat.
The RV Park is centrally located in downtown Homer, on the bluff, above Bishop’s Beach, just one block away from the Homer Visitor’s Center and Chamber of Commerce. Our guests enjoy a convenient, intimate setting, peaceful walks along the beach, nearby museums, art galleries, restaurants and coffee shops. And best of all – you’ll enjoy mountain and ocean views from our RV Park in Homer, Alaska.
We do host weddings and events at our beautiful inn overlooking Kackemak Bay!
During Your Stay
Alaska is home to some of the most mesmerizing wildlife, including several species of bears. Want to watch bears in their natural habitat? Book the Driftwood Inn’s bear viewing tour! Our full-day experience is one of the best Alaska bear viewing tours around. This five-hour day tour transports guests via plane to either Katmai National Park or Lake Clark National Park to observe bears in the wild with the company of an Alaskan Naturalist Guide. You can expect to catch a glimpse of brown coastal bears (peninsular grizzly bears), black bears, and more!
Yes, we offer fishing charters! We partner with U.S. Coast Guard licensed captains so that you can experience why Homer, Alaska is the halibut fishing capital of the world!
There are several restaurants within walking distance such as AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern, Two Sisters Bakery, and Fat Olives Restaurant, and several other restaurants in the town of Homer that take advantage of the fresh seafood from Kachemak Bay!
Yes we offer some on our specials page! From romantic packages to 1/2 day tours, you can find a special that meets what you are looking forward to doing in Homer, Alaska.